JCS COVID-19 Health Considerations
- All students and staff ages 4 through 8th grade are required to wear masks (unless someone has an approved clearance) while:
- In any communal zone of the school - hallways, student lounge, bathroom, etc.
- In individual classrooms - except when eating a snack or lunch.
- On any school bus.
- All families are responsible for taking their children’s temperature each morning prior to allowing them to go to school each day.
- A student with symptoms of a cold, flu, or COVID-19 (fever, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, abdominal pain) should stay home until they have been symptom free for 24 hours.
- A student with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher must stay home.
- If a family member is awaiting COVID-19 test results, or is sick with COVID-19, a student must stay home. As soon as all testing for family members have come back negative or the assigned quarantine period ends then a student may return.
- If symptoms are exhibited at school, students are sent to a quarantine room with a staff member, and parents will be called to pick up their child.
- JCS COVID-19 Preparedness & Response Plan.
- Click HERE for more information on what happens when someone at school gets COVID-19.
UPDATED: April 30, 2021
Number of STAFF in QUARANTINE: 0
Number of STUDENTS in QUARANTINE: 11
Number of CURRENT cases: 0