Inclusive Education is offered for students with cognitive disabilities. We encourage each student to be a part of the classroom socially, spiritually, and academically with support given for various subjects, either within the classroom or through pull-out with student support services staff.
Accommodation Plans are developed for students with physical, social/emotional, or behavioral needs. Our goal is for every student to work well within a classroom and throughout the school so that a student’s school day may go smoothly and that they may easily navigate here.
Special Learning Needs are supported through paraeducators support, school work calendars updated daily, and filled out reviews for tests and project expectations placed in student’s backpacks. Accommodations are given for students that need them for test reviews and tests. Focused study skills as well as test taking skills are also taught.
Advanced Learners have various opportunities to be challenged to learn at the appropriate level. We strive to meet every student’s needs and enable him/her to use the gifts and talents that God has instilled. We use various resources and programs to enrich the students in all grades.
During the school day:
- PreK - 8th grade teachers differentiate lessons
- Language Arts: differentiated spelling lists, writing expectations, and reading groups
- 3rd and 4th graders can test into Explore Math
- 3rd - 6th graders have the opportunity to attend weekly the ACT (ACademically Talented) program at Jenison Public School
- 5th - 7th grade math students may be tested and exempt from specific units to explore more challenging math concepts.
- 6th-8th grade math students may be tested to take Algebra and Geometry in middle school for high school credit.
After school hours, there are additional opportunities with various clubs such as Robotics Club, Geography Club, and Chess Club.